As well as working in teams to complete the EI challenges, participants will also take part in a number of other activities during the event week – opening up different perspectives on environmentalism and hopefully having some fun!
Planned activities include:
- Creative writing for environmentalists – Dr Ben Smith will help participants explore how creative fiction can shape narratives about sustainable futures. There will be a poetry walk and a “flash fiction” writing competition, so sharpen your pencils!
- Apocalypse How? – Prof Charlotte Sleigh [UCL Personal Webpage][Kent Personal Webpage] will discuss how science fiction shapes our view of the current environmental challenge and how climate change is just the latest of many apocalyptic scenarios faced by humanity during its history.
- Art for the Planet – Our resident artist will teach us all to express our creative selves through the medium of visual arts and help create an on-site art installation during the week. Will your entry win the “art for the planet” prize?
- The Legendary EI Party! Food, drink, music, dancing… bring your party shoes for an extravaganza event at a top secret venue. Did we mention the free beer?
- Food and drink – Throughout the event, food and drink will be in plentiful supply. There will be coffee, pastries, pizza and more, to power you through a week of scientific excellence.
- Pitch to the Panel & Prizes – At the end of the week, every team will present their work to a panel of judges. There will be prizes for the best entries. There will also be champagne and canapes to celebrate our successes!
- More to follow – look out for more activities and social events added to the list as we get closer to the time…